Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is sooo killer hot! Warning! Five alarm..HOT! WHEW!
Make and share this Fiery Hot Mustard recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons Coleman's dry mustard (in a yellow tin at grocery stores)
- 1 tablespoon warm water (releases more heat)
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar or 1 tablespoon chili oil
- Put dry mustard into a small bowl add warm water, stir.
- Slowly add in the rice wine vinegar or chili oil until desired consistency.
- It takes about 10 minutes to mature (become hot).
- BE CAREFUL AND USE SPARINGLY IT IS HOT!
Oh yeah! This one won't leave you longing for more kick. :) My husband had been lamenting about the hot mustard I purchased--it was just not hot enough. I made this one and heard no complaints--he loved it, as did I! I figured it would be hot enough without chili oil, so I used rice vinegar. Great stuff-thanks for posting!
The men in my family love spice. The spicier the better! I made this up to go with some pork steaks on the grill instead of horseradish. WOW! What a great recipe. I think I may try to add other flavors to this recipe and use it for Christmas gifts!
I've always used dry mustard and water for my hot mustard but never used the rice wine vinegar like Rise said; I think it made it alot better. What more can I say then I luvs it, whew! Thanks Amie in Arizona...