1/1 Photo of Fiery Herbed Barbecue Sauce
- Carla -'s Note:
Excellent barbecue marinade for grilled, baked or broiled chicken. Makes roughly 2 cups.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup espresso or 1/2 cup regular double-strength brewed coffee
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup corn oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or 1/2 teaspoon fresh oregano, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil or 1 tablespoon fresh basil, minced
- 2 teaspoons crushed dried rosemary or 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- cayenne pepper
- 1In a medium saucepan over low heat mix brown sugar, cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and coffee together.
- 2Whisk in Ketchup, minced garlic, oregano, basil, rosemary, black pepper and cayenne pepper; bring to a boil.
- 3Reducee heat and simmer, covered 5 minutes to allow the flavors to blend.
- 4Remove from heat and whisk in the oil.
- 5Taste and adjust seasonings if needed.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fiery Herbed Barbecue Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 239.6
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 681.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 25.2 g
- Protein 1.1 g