Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
Excellent barbecue marinade for grilled, baked or broiled chicken. Makes roughly 2 cups.
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup espresso or 1⁄2 cup regular double-strength brewed coffee
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup corn oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh oregano, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil or 1 tablespoon fresh basil, minced
- 2 teaspoons crushed dried rosemary or 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- cayenne pepper
- In a medium saucepan over low heat mix brown sugar, cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and coffee together.
- Whisk in Ketchup, minced garlic, oregano, basil, rosemary, black pepper and cayenne pepper; bring to a boil.
- Reducee heat and simmer, covered 5 minutes to allow the flavors to blend.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the oil.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if needed.
Yum, yum, yum!!!! The only thing I did different was I added a tsp of onion powder and a 1/2 tsp of thyme. Sweet, spicey and savory!!! Thanks for a great recipe, Carla!!!!!!!!!