Prep 24 hrs
Cook 40 mins
This dish has an amazing and surprising flavour worthy of a dinner party. The turkey breast needs to marinated for up to 24 hours, however, I have also marinated for 6 hours with good results. The flavour becomes more pronounced the longer you marinate.
- 750 g turkey breast, skinless, boneless
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons hot chili sauce (or sambal oelek)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Make small slits in turkey every 2 inches.
- Combine all ingredients except turkey and vegetable oil.
- Marinate turkey in marinade in large ziplock bag for up to 24 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Discard the marinade and rub vegetable oil all over turkey breast.
- Grill until juices run clear approx 40 minute.
Definitely spicy but just the way I like it! Has a real good flavor overall- not just heat. Light and healthy- I served medallions of this over an arugula salad. I do suggest double bagging if using ziplocks to marinate as the pungency of the marinade does get through. A keeper! Thanks for sharing~
This made for a tasty and easy mid week dinner...marinated in the morning-devoured in the evening. I ended up using chicken breast as turkey breast were nowhere to be found (typical!),but followed everything else to the letter. Yum!
This was a Thai flavor for sure. We enjoyed it hot off the grill but as it cooled the fish sauce started to come out more. I would probably reduce the fish sauce since we don't like fish... but that's our own problem, not a problem with the recipe.