Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a perfect side dish recipe for the grilling season. It's can be served at any temperature and it goes with most anything.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh asparagus
- 3 tablespoons hot chili oil
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- salt & pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- Rinse asparagus and trim off bottom of stalks.
- Place on grill over high heat and cook, turning frequently, until crisp tender and lightly charred.
- Remove from grill and place in a bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar and sugar.
- Pour over asparagus and toss to coat well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
- Serve hot, cold or at room temperature.
DH and I served this tonight with firecracker trout posted by Wendy's Kitchen. We thought the asparagus had nice flavor and kick, but was a little heavy on the rice vinegar. This was very easy to prepare--we followed the directions as listed. Thanks for an enjoyable side dish.
This is very delicious. My only alteration was the hot chili oil. I didn't have it on hand so I improvised my own.
Well, what can I say but this is excellent!! It is REALLY, REALLY HOT!!! If you can't stand the heat stay out of the kitchen. The flavor is just wonderful. Good thing both DH and I love hot and spicy. This was so easy to prepare and I'm surprised no one had rated nor fixed it before. I prepared as posted and served it hot. Next time I will try it cold and maybe again at room temperature. Looks like I have already planned to prepare this again. Thanks, Normaone for posting. This is going into my barbeque/grill cookbook.