Recipe by Normaone
This is a perfect side dish recipe for the grilling season. It's can be served at any temperature and it goes with most anything.
Top Review by Dr. Jenny
DH and I served this tonight with firecracker trout posted by Wendy's Kitchen. We thought the asparagus had nice flavor and kick, but was a little heavy on the rice vinegar. This was very easy to prepare--we followed the directions as listed. Thanks for an enjoyable side dish.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh asparagus
- 3 tablespoons hot chili oil
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- salt & pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse asparagus and trim off bottom of stalks.
- Place on grill over high heat and cook, turning frequently, until crisp tender and lightly charred.
- Remove from grill and place in a bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar and sugar.
- Pour over asparagus and toss to coat well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
- Serve hot, cold or at room temperature.