Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A gazpacho I haven’t tried yet, but must soon!
- 2 cups seeded beefsteak tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup English cucumbers or 1 cup cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1⁄2 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 dash sea salt
- 1 hard-boiled egg
- 5 1⁄4 cups tomato juice
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- fresh ground black pepper
- hot pepper sauce, to taste
- sour cream, as a garnish to taste
- Combine vegetables in a large bowl. Gently stir in broth, oil, lemon juice, vinegar, parsley, oregano and Worcestershire sauce.
- Place garlic, sea salt and egg in a small bowl; mash with a fork until blended.
- Stir tomato juice and egg mixture into vegetable mixture. Stir in bread crumbs until dissolved. Add salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce to taste. Refrigerate overnight.
- Serve with dollops of sour cream.