Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
From PepperFest! Enjoy..
- 5 bagels
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Slice bagels crosswise into fifths.
- In small saucepan, melt butter with garlic and simmer over very low heat 2 minutes or until garlic has softened.
- Add lemon juice, Tabasco and salt to taste.
- Liberally brush one side of each bagel with lemon-garlic butter.
- Broil bagels (in preheated oven) on one side until golden.
- Watch carefully; this takes only a minute.
- Turn bagels over and broil until golden.
- Serve hot or store in an air-tight container.
OH BOY!! These were amazing!! I made something along the lines of bagel bites instead of thins the second time.. (ive made them twice!!! hehe) and these are just amazing. I didnt use Tabasco the second time.. rather just used Tapatio Hot Sauce. These are just magnificent. I couldnt stop eating them... so addictive!! These are a must try for anyone!!! THANKS FOR THE RECIPE!!! I will make these VERY OFTEN!! :-)
These were easy to make and the taste of the butter sauce was delicious. But I would not say that they were fiery. I would add more tobasco if you want them spicy hot. I baked these in a slow oven rather than broiling for a really crunchy texture. These are very flavorful and way too easy to eat!
These are great snacks for after school. My niece helped me make these and we enjoyed them while working on a science project. The rest, I stored in an air-tight container and my husband tried a couple and loved them, too.