Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
This is fettuccine with a little kick. I love to serve this with a nice green salad.
- 1 ounce uncooked fettuccine
- 1 cup whipping cream (heavy)
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning or 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 1⁄2 lb fully cooked smoked sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 medium green onions, sliced (1/4 cup)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook and drain fettuccine as directed on package.
- While fettuccine is cooking, place whipping cream, Creole seasoning and bell peppers in blender or food processor. Cover and blend on high speed until smooth.
- Pour pepper mixture into 12-inch skillet. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture thickens. Stir in sausage; heat through but do not boil.
- Serve sausage mixture over fettuccine. Sprinkle with onions.
- Note: Using roasted red peppers from a jar saves lots of roasting time in the kitchen! Look for them near the spaghetti sauces and Italian ingredients or near the canned vegetables in your grocery store.