1/1 Photo of Fiery Chipotle Rice and Sausage
This came from a Cooking Light edition of unknown year. It is SOO good, and so easy, that it will become one of your frequent repeats, BEWARE ! 1 chipotle will likely be plenty, unless you have an asbestos tongue ! Be CERTAIN to allow the 10 minutes standing time necessary for the rice to soak up the flavorful juices,
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage link
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- cooking spray
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen bell peppers onions and celery
- 1 cup converted rice, uncooked
- 3/4 cup celery, sliced thinly
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, minced, canned
- 1Remove casings from sausage.
- 2Heat oil in Dutch oven coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat.
- 3Add sausage; cook 7 minutes until browned an, stirring to crumble.
- 4Remove from pan and drain.
- 5Add pepper stir fry mix and remaining ingredients tto pan, and bring mixture to boil.
- 6Cover, reduce heat, simmer for 20 minutes, or until rice is tender.
- 7Remove from heat and stir in sausage.
- 8Cover and lete stand for 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fiery Chipotle Rice and Sausage
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 414.7
- Calories from Fat 201
- Total Fat 22.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 43.6 mg
- Sodium 1457.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 18.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen bell peppers onions and celery
chipotle chiles in adobo