Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Taken from "The Low-Carb Comfort Food Cookbook." You can vary the heat by adjusting the amount of Tabasco you use.
- 4 chicken breast halves, with skin and bones
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350. Butter or oil an ovenproof baking pan large enought to accommodate the chicken pieces.
- Wash chicken and pat dry with paper towels.
- (Optional: For the tastiest, juiciest chicken, wash the night before, and while still wet, sprinkle liverally with Kosher or coarse salt, cover tightly, and refrigerate overnight. Rinse well and pat dry, then proceed with the recipe below.).
- Place chicken in greased baking dish.
- In a cup or small bowl, combine the sour cream, Tabasco sauce, celery salt, and pepper. Spread this cream mixture evenly over the chicken.
- Cover baking dish with foil or a tight-fitting lid and back 50 minutes to 1 hour. Serve immediately.
This was very good. I used hot sauce instead of tobasco. Interesting combo with celery salt and sour cream but it works. Used chicken thighs:)