Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Sure to set your innards ablaze and clog your arteries!
- 2 cups butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce (or use 4 teaspoons Franks' Hot Sauce)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 5 lbs unpeeled medium shrimp
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Stir together the butter, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, black pepper, hot sauce, garlic and salt.
- Pour half of mixture into a large baking dish or pan.
- Layer half the shrimp over the sauce and top shrimp with half the lemon slices.
- Form another layer with remaining shrimp and lemon slices and pour remaining sauce over the top.
- Bake uncovered for about 20 minutes, stirring mixture twice, until shrimp are pink.
- Pour off sauce into individual serving dishes. Serve with shrimp and plenty of bread for sopping up the spicy butter sauce.
Awesome dish! I used a bag of frozen (1-1/2#) shrimp defrosted with 1/4 of everything else. It was absolutely scrumptious! I used Texas Pete instead of Tobasco. Thank you, SusieQusie!
5 Big Ones Susie! Cut the recipe way back to serve two. Very tasty. . . served with sourdough french bread and a salad. Think this would make a wonderful appetizer before a cajun dinner. Will have to try that next time! Thanks for sharing!