Recipe by Lavender Lynn
Recipe from the Washington State Beef Commission
Top Review by rpgaymer
Very good beef skewers! I marinated the meat for around 2 hours, and enjoyed how tender they were. Instead of 1/2 cup of soy sauce, I used a 1/4 cup of soy sauce and 1/4 cup of fish sauce. I liked the briney taste the fish sauce gave to the meat, but that's just me. I also cooked these in the broiler, with good results. [Made & Reviewed for PRMR]
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless beef top sirloin steaks, cut 1-1/2 inches thick
- 5 -6 green onions, white part only, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup country dijon-style mustard
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 teaspoons garlic, bottled minced, fresh crushed
- 1 tablespoon ground red pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- 1.In large shallow bowl, combine marinade ingredients; whisk until blended. Remove and reserve 1/2 cup for basting. Trim fat from beef steak; cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes. Add beef to remaining marinade in bowl; toss to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 20 minutes.
- 2.Remove beef from marinade; discard marinade. Alternately thread an equal amount of beef and green onion pieces onto each of four 12-inch metal skewers.
- 3.Place skewers on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered, 10 to 12 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, basting frequently with reserved 1/2 cup marinade and turning occasionally. Serve immediately.