Recipe by Eddie Shipman
This dish makes a great alternative to regular Spanish rice and can make a full meal.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 jalapenos, seeded and diced
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel
- 1 cup rice, basmati works best
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef, add onions and jalapeños 1/2 way through browning; drain. Add Rotel and 2 Rotel cans full of water.
- Add rice and ketchup, stir, cover, reduce heat to med-low and simmer until rice is tender, stirring occasionally to keep from sticking. Add more water, if needed.
- Use more or less jalapeños and mild, original or hot Rotel, depending on taste for spiciness.
- Diced chicken can be substituted for the ground beef.