Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
I haven't tried this yet, but I definitely have the urge to try this. It seems very simple to make when all ingredients are on hand.
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chile in adobo
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chile in adobo
- 2 (16 ounce) cans navy beans
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Coat a shallow 7x11 dish with cooking spray.
- Add beans.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
This was very good. I made this recipe last 4th of July and was going to post the recipe, but you've saved me the trouble! We all liked the heat and flavor of the chapotle chilies added, but thought that the cinnamon was a little too much. The next time I'll use a little less, maybe 1/2 teaspoon. Thanks for posting this!
Oh my, were these HOT. I liked them but my DH could not take the heat! Very easy to put together. I baked for one hour. I might might have to leave the chipotles out the next time I make these. Thanks for posting.