Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Saw this recipe today! SO glad it came my way! It Y-E-L-L-S MAKE ME! Looks like a terrific recipe! Want to do a carb redo, Let's see how it goes and WHEN I make it look forward to my first review! Here' is the original post, Fiery Avocado Red Curry and Shrimp Fiery Avocado Red Curry and Shrimp To Chef1aB, here's a toast! :) NOTE: My diet consists of 100 gram portions, TRUE! KNOW it does not sound much, but is more than enough for you know who! Especially when served with extra veg a day! SO glad this recipe came my way! NOTE: I made this yesterday and was in the mood for green curry, so made the substition :) YUMBERINI!!!
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 29.58 ml green curry paste
- 236.59 ml red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch square pieces
- 236.59 ml fresh green beans, trimmed and sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 236.59 ml red onion strip
- 295.73 ml unsweetened coconut milk, canned
- 4.92 ml fish sauce
- 1.23 ml Splenda granular
- 2 avocados
- 453.59 g medium raw shrimp, peeled and deveined, tail-off
- 44.37 ml sweet basil
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add red curry paste; cook and stir about 15 seconds. Add red bell peppers, green beans, and sliced red onions. Cook and stir, about 2 minutes. Stir in coconut milk, fish sauce,and Splenda; bring to a boil.
- Cover pan with lid and simmer over low-medium heat, about 8-10 minutes until vegetables are tender but firm.
- Uncover pan and stir in cubed avocados and shrimp. Cover pan with lid once again and cook until shrimp is cooked all the way through, about 2 minutes. Remove pan from heat. Stir in sliced basil leaves just before serving.
- NOTE: For more authentic flavour, can substitute Thai basil.
Hello mickeydownunder, I really appreciate your interest in my recipe. I'm very happy to see your green curry version of it. It looks great! :-)