Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
this can be made in the oven but is a breeze on the bbq
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon chili paste
- 2 -3 drops hot chili oil
- 4 lbs pork loin
- combine orange juice, concentrate, and other marinade ingredients, stir well.
- reserve 1/3 of the marinade, refrigerate place pork roast in a baking dish, cover with marinade, refrigerate 2-12 hours heat grill, remove roast from marinade and discard.
- cook over indirect heat marinating often about 1 1/2 hrs, until meat thermometer registers 150-155.
This marinade gave the pork an excellent flavour. I'm sure it would be excellent on chicken too.
Great flavor, I used the full "Monty" chili paste and chile Oil, I also used boneless Country style ribs instead of the roast so it only took apprx 30 minutes to BBQ. Made the marinade in the AM and marinated them for 8 hours. I was a bit light on the 5 spice and only used 1/2 tsp - Great meld of flavors from the chili, garlic, soy, honey and orange. I'll do this recippe again Thanks Chia
chia, this is yummy! Made the marinade as written but used a pork tenderloin because I was only cooking for two. I used my Deni meat tenderizer (love that kitchen gadget) and marinated it for about 8 hours. Cooked on the grill 35 - 40 min. Soooo good. I am going to use the marinade on salmon filet next. I just know those flavors will "marry" beautifully with the salmon. Thanks Chia.