Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
Got this one from Southern Living--great for a formal dinner and sure to impress.
Top Review by Ms B.
OMG. I could eat my weight in this salad. I used purchased T. Marzetti's Roasted Garlic Italian Vinaigrette instead of the apple-ginger version suggested in the recipe. I think that it was PERFECT with the sweetness of the roasted pears, saltiness of the bacon and parm, and earthiness of the pecans on the fresh greens. (I also used regular bacon that I partially cooked in the microwave...until still bendy, but just starting to crisp...before wrapping around the pear sections and roasting.)
- 12 slices bacon (Oscar Mayer ready to serve bacon)
- 3 large pears, peeled and quartered
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- 2⁄3 cup pecans, toasted
- 2⁄3 cup shaved parmesan cheese
- apple-ginger vinaigrette
Directions See How It's Made
- Wrap one slice of bacon around each pear quarter, and secure with a wooden pick. Place pear quarters on a wire rack in a 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan.
- Bake pears at 350°F for 10 minutes.
- Arrange salad greens on 4 serving plates, and sprinkle evenly with pecans and Parmesan cheese. Place 3 pear quarters on each salad, and serve with Apple-Ginger Vinaigrette.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Oscar Mayer Ready to Serve Bacon.