Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Recipe source: Bon Appetit (July 2009)
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 12 cups baby greens
- In a blender puree firs t 8 ingredients (green onions - crushed red pepper) for 20 seconds. Season to taste with salt and papper.
- Place greesn in large bowl and toss with dressing.
I really enjoyed this salad. I did add a pinch of sugar just to sweeten it a little, because that's just how I prefer it. Thanks for a yummy salad. :)
Recipe works perfectly as written. This has a prominent green onion flavor with notes of garlic and a hint of ginger. Perfect to dress simple field greens or arugula. Makes a wonderful bed for Asian grilled meats. Thanks for sharing- this was delicious!
Excellent! Made half the recipe. I ran out of scallions so I used garlic chives. Did have to add a touch of water a bit more oil and rice vinegar and for the blender to get it going. I used fresh picked greens including arugula, spinach, a mix of greens. I thinned my radish in the garden using the baby radish and their greens as well. Also included a carrot. Thanks for the yummy eats!