Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
just another dog recipe
- 1 lb raw beef liver
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated carrot
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- I usually put liver and 3 cloves of garlic through a meat grinder or food processor till well blended.
- then combine all ingredients together and spread on a lightly greased piece of aluminum foil on a cookie sheet.
- It is like wet concrete --
- Bake at 350* for 30 minutes.
- Try baking it for 20 minutes, then turning oven down to 200* and letting it cook slowly for about 20 minutes more.
- When done, peel off foil, break into pieces, then freeze in packages to fit your needs.
- These cookies will keep without refrigeration for at least a week -- if it isn't in the sun or extreme heat.
- It breaks into tiny pieces using only your fingernails, it doesn't get mushy and dogs will just do about anything for a crumb of it.
- It will keep for several weeks in the refrigerator; it can also be frozen and refrozen numerous times, and it will thaw in less than 5 minutes.
- My dog even loves it right from the freezer.
- It make a crunchy treat, bat till it looks like a biscuit.
- Freeze unused portions in sealed bags.
- servings depend of how used.