1/5 Photos of Fido's Fabulous Biscuits
1 hr 5 mins
Sandi (From CA)'s Note:
I found this popular recipe on numerous websites (except here, until now) and decided to make it for a new friend since I don't have a dog but had a hankering to make them. (I think that means I need to get a dog, no?) Anyway, they're so easy and I think if I were a dog, I'd love them. ;) The yield is a rough estimate based on the size of your biscuits.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- 2Pour the water, sugar and yeast into a large bowl and let stand for about 5 minutes.
- 3Add the chicken bouillon cubes, crushing them with a fork as you stir them inches
- 4Add the tomato juice, half of the all-purpose flour and the wheat germ. Stir with a large spoon to form a smooth batter.
- 5Stir in the remaining all-purpose and whole wheat flours This will make the dough very dry and stiff, so you'll probably have to use your hands to finish mixing.
- 6Sprinkle flour on your cutting board, then take a handful of dough out and work into a small ball shape.
- 7With a rolling pin, flatten the ball to about 1/4-inch thick on the cutting board. If the dough is too sticky, add a little more flour.
- 8Use a knife or cookie cutter to cut out shapes and place them on a cookie sheet (I used a Silpat sheet and it worked beautifully).
- 9Finish with the remaining dough.
- 10Bake at 300 degrees F for about an hour. Turn the oven off and leave the biscuits in there to dry further for about 4 hours.
- 11Feed to your doggeh and get assaulted by keeses!
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fido's Fabulous Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (1129 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1016.5
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 1.6 mg
- Sodium 2790.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 187.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 25.0 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 46.2 g