Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
- In large bowl pour hot water over oatmeal and.
- margarine: let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in.
- powdered milk, grated cheese, salt and egg. Add cornmeal and wheat germ. Mix well. Add flour, 1/3 cup at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Knead 3 or 4 minutes, adding more flour if.
- necessary to make a very stiff dough. Pat or roll dough to 1/2 inch thickness. Cut into bone shaped biscuits and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 1 hour at 300 degrees.
- Turn off heat and leave in oven for 1 1/2 hours or longer.