Recipe by KitchenCraftsnMore
Homemade biscuits for your favorite dog! A fine recipe from the Company's Coming Gifts from the Kitchen book, by Jean Pare.
Top Review by Midge Plourde
Hi. My name is Ruby Plourde. I live with Chef Midge Plourde and her husband Denis. I just wanted to say that my mom and dad made these for me twice now, and I love them. The thinner they are, the crunchier. I sure hope they make them again soon! 5 woofs for these biscuits!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons instant oats
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons water (optional)
- 1 teaspoon liquid gravy browner (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 7 ingredients in large bowl until dough forms.
- Turn out onto lightly floured surface.
- Roll out to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Cut out with bone-shaped or dog-shaped cookie cutters.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake in 375 F oven for about 15 minutes.
- Combine second amount of water and gravy browner in small cup.
- Turn biscuits over.
- Brush with gravy browner mixture.
- Bake for 10 minutes until browned.
- Makes about 2 dozen biscuits.