Recipe by Ginny Sue
I like this recipe because the pasta and other ingredients all cook in the same pan, so there is only one pan to wash. This is mildly spiced so the kids can enjoy it too. You can kick it up if you want.
Top Review by Cookin-jo
I'm sorry to say this recipe was disappointing. It was quite bland and even though I did double the chicken broth as suggested it was extremely thick. With some additional spices and more liquid added this would be a nice soup.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 1⁄2 cups cut fideo pasta (can substitute angel hair or vermicelli, broken into 1 inch pieces)
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (11 ounce) can corn or 1 (11 ounce) can mexicorn
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, cook ground turkey and fideo together until turkey is no longer pink.
- Add remaining ingredients except cheese.
- Heat to boiling, reduce heat and simmer covered until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 15 minutes.
- Stir occasionally while cooking.
- This makes a thick type soup.
- If you want it more"soupy", you can add another can of chicken broth.
- Serve in soup bowls with a garnish of cheese.