1/2 Photos of Fideo Soup
Ginny Sue's Note:
I like this recipe because the pasta and other ingredients all cook in the same pan, so there is only one pan to wash. This is mildly spiced so the kids can enjoy it too. You can kick it up if you want.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 1/2 cups cut fideo pasta (can substitute angel hair or vermicelli, broken into 1 inch pieces)
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (11 ounce) can corn or 1 (11 ounce) can mexicorn
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1In a large skillet, cook ground turkey and fideo together until turkey is no longer pink.
- 2Add remaining ingredients except cheese.
- 3Heat to boiling, reduce heat and simmer covered until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 15 minutes.
- 4Stir occasionally while cooking.
- 5This makes a thick type soup.
- 6If you want it more"soupy", you can add another can of chicken broth.
- 7Serve in soup bowls with a garnish of cheese.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fideo Soup
Serving Size: 1 (383 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 365.6
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 71.9 mg
- Sodium 792.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 27.2 g