Recipe by SHERNANDEZ
This is a delicious light soup recipe to whip up for dinner. I got this recipe from my mother-in-law who is from Mexico. I have made a few changes to suit my taste.
- 1 (10 ounce) package vermicelli (Fideo or the stars-which is what i used in the pics)
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 -3 teaspoons red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 cup oil (for frying)
- 8 cups water (may add more, if needed)
- 1 1⁄2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked pork chops, sliced thinly
- sour cream
- left over pork chops or chicken, you can cut into thin slices and throw some in there. you do not need any meat it is just as good wi
Directions See How It's Made
- 1.In a boiling pan heat oil, once warm add fideo, garlic, cumin & red pepper flakes. Stir constantly, until fideo turn golden brown.
- 2.Once this is brown add water and tomato sauce. Stir often until the fideo is soft. You may need to add more water, to get to soup consistency because the noodles will absorb some of the water.
- 3. Then if you have left over chicken or pork chops heat them, cut them into thin slices and place with soup.
- 4.Serve with tortillas, sour cream & limes. Enjoy!