1/4 Photos of Fideo Laredo
My mom used to make this when we were growing up. This is not her exact recipe, I wrote it down as I went. We don't follow recipes or measure frequently made foods in my family. I learned to cook by watching and doing, so I have to write down as I go on a lot of recipes. You can adjust the spices to suit your taste. I use more, because I like it hot. You can leave out the beef and use as a side dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces angel hair pasta (fideo)
- 8 ounces orzo pasta
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 fresh jalapeno (diced)
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon powder
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese (grated for garnish)
- 1Brown ground beef with chili powder,red pepper,cumin,salt,onion,garlic and jalapeno.
- 2Set beef mixture aside.
- 3In a large deep skillet with a lid, heat oil and add fideo,broken into small pieces, and orzo.
- 4Stir constantly for 2-3 minutes, allowing pasta to brown lightly.
- 5Turn heat down to medium.
- 6Add beef mixture to skillet with pasta.
- 7Add canned tomatoes juice included.
- 8Add canned green chilies.
- 9Mix beef bouillon powder with 2 cups hot water and add to pasta.
- 10Place lid on skillet and let simmer for 20-30 minutes, until pasta is cooked.
- 11Top with grated cheddar cheese.
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fideo Laredo
Serving Size: 1 (316 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 540.7
- Calories from Fat 214
- Total Fat 23.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 71.1 mg
- Sodium 451.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 28.4 g