Recipe by Ric of the Shire
This is not your average chili. This one is very hearty
Top Review by FoodBooksSangria
My husband and teenaged son loved this chili. My husband said it was so tasty and unique that it should be entered in a chili cookoff. The only changes I made were to double the bacon to 6 pieces and to use Spanish chorizo, not Mexican, because that's what I had on hand. Because I don't eat meat, I can't personally comment on the chili's taste, but based upon my family's reaction, I'll definitely be making this chili again. A very nice accompaniment to it is Sue L's Chilean Rice (#82167).
- 3 slices bacon, diced
- 1⁄2 lb chorizo sausage, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef, lean,browned and drained
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 (16 ounce) cans tomatoes, canned
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, canned,drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can garbanzo beans, canned,drained
- 1 package sazon goya
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, brown bacon pieces until crisp.
- Remove from skillet; drain well.
- Brown sausage* and ground beef with onions over medium heat; drain and add to Crock-Pot.
- Add bacon and remaining ingredients; stir well.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 8 to 14 hours.
- Taste for seasoning.
- *(Choritzo,Kielbassa or Italian sausage may be used.).