Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great spring time recipe when fiddleheads are in season. Make sure to clean the leeks and fiddleheads really well to remove all the dirt.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 1 lb fiddlehead, ends trimmed
- 3 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup cereal cream
- salt and pepper
- green onion, chopped
- Heat oil over medium heat. Add leeks and cook for 3 minutes. Add fiddleheads and potatoes and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer covered for about 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Blend soup in blender or with an immersion blender until very smooth. Stir in cream and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with green onions.