Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A recipe from the Maine Extension Service. If you don't have fiddleheads in your area, substitute asparagus! =)
- 1⁄2 gallon apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup mustard seeds
- fiddlehead, raw,washed and free of chaff and packed in clean pint jars
- Pack cleaned raw fiddleheads in clean pint jars.
- Mix vinegar, water, salt, sugar and mustard seed in a large pot and bring to boil.
- Pour over fiddleheads in pint-sized jars.
- Process 10 minutes in boiling water process canner.
- Let set for 6 weeks before using for best results.