1/3 Photos of Fiddlehead Ferns With Escargot Butter
This is a great way to prepare those delightful fiddlehead ferns that are picked in the spring. If you prefer your fiddleheads softer, boil them for a longer time. The time listed in the recipe leaves the fiddleheads crunchy. Very yummy!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb fiddlehead, ferns
- 1Wash fiddleheads and remove skins; trim off the ends.
- 2If using fresh fiddleheads, cook in 4 quart rapidly.
- 3boiling, salted water for 20 seconds. Refresh under.
- 4cold water and drain.
- 5To prepare escargot butter, cream butter and gradually.
- 6whisk in remaining ingredients. (Recipe can be.
- 7prepared ahead to this stage.) Just before serving,.
- 8melt escargot butter in a large frying pan over high.
- 9heat. Add ferns, either cooked or canned (drained, if.
- 10canned) and saute for 1 to 2 minutes, or until.
- 11thoroughly heated.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fiddlehead Ferns With Escargot Butter
Serving Size: 1 (353 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 167.8
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 22.9 mg
- Sodium 6.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 6.2 g