Prep 3 mins
Cook 12 mins
These are not my favorite vegetable but when I see them fresh I can't resist buying some. I like garlic with them and added onions. The Pine nuts are optional. You may like to sprinkle on some Parmesan cheese . Clean them well before using in cold water. I like my veggies still crisp so I suggest 5 minutes steaming but if you like your veggies soft the steam for 12 minutes. Fiddleheads are very healthy loaded with Iron.
- 2 cups fiddlehead ferns, cleaned
- spray Pam cooking spray or 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons pine nuts (optional)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Clean your Fiddleheads in cold water.
- Steam over boiling water for 5 minutes, remove and dash under cold water.
- Spray a skillet with Pam or pour in 1 tbsp oil.
- Heat pan over medium heat and saute the onions until translucent.
- Add the garlic, continue cooking for 2 minutes.
- Add pine nuts and Fiddleheads.
- Saute until Fiddleheads are heated through (approx 5 minutes).
- squeeze the lemon juice over the Fiddleheads and serve.