Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
No-bake cookie. Chocolate and oats. Nuts optional. *I haven't tried these with the coconut and walnuts, it is excellent without! Also try half cocoa half peanut butter. I made some with 2/3 cocoa and 1/3 peanut butter and they were so good.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup hard margarine
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons cocoa
- 3 cups quick-cooking rolled oats (not instant)
- 1⁄2 cup medium coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Put the butter or margarine, sugar and milk into the saucepan. Heat on medium, stirring often, until it comes to a boil. Remove pan from heat.
- Add all remaining ingredients. Stir well. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto the waxed paper. Cool completely.
- Store in a container with a lid and waxed paper between the layers. Makes about 40 cookies.
These were wonderful.... I used 3Tbs cocoa and 3Tbs peanut butter..... The walnuts and coconut was great with these.... Thanks for sharing...