Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These yummy scones are slightly sweet, but contain no sugar. The cornmeal can be substituted for wholemeal flour, but loses lightness and colour in the scones.
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup fine cornmeal
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 50 g margarine
- 1⁄2 cup raw grated pumpkin
- 1⁄2 pitted chopped dates
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- Mix the flour, cornmeal and baking powder together in a bowl.
- Rub margarine into flour till mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the grated pumpkin and dates, then mix in the milk.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and knead 3-4 times.
- Roll into a circle on a greased tray, and cut into 8 slices like a pizza.
- Bake at 200C for 10-12 mins.