Recipe by 1crazypotato
These yummy scones are slightly sweet, but contain no sugar. The cornmeal can be substituted for wholemeal flour, but loses lightness and colour in the scones.
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup fine cornmeal
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 50 g margarine
- 1⁄2 cup raw grated pumpkin
- 1⁄2 pitted chopped dates
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the flour, cornmeal and baking powder together in a bowl.
- Rub margarine into flour till mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the grated pumpkin and dates, then mix in the milk.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and knead 3-4 times.
- Roll into a circle on a greased tray, and cut into 8 slices like a pizza.
- Bake at 200C for 10-12 mins.