Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
- 1⁄2 cup crushed pineapple, do not drain
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 4 large egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄4 cup ground flax seed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 3 cups zucchini, shredded
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Spray a 9X5 loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Combine the crushed pineapple with juice, skim milk, egg whites, and honey in a large bowl; mix until blended.
- Combine the all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, wheat germ, ground flaxseed, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda and baking powder in a large zip-top bag; shake vigorously until completely blended. Add the flour mixture to the mixing bowl, blending until ingredients are moistened.
- Fold in the zucchini and raisins.
- Spoon the batter into the loaf pan.
- Bake for 60-70 minute until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 5 min.; remove from the pan and cool completely before slicing and serving.