Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
a healthy, hybrid version of two classics-- adapted from Sugar Plum's <a href="http://www.visionsofsugarplum.com/2008/04/peanut-butter-honey-oatmeal-cookies.html">Peanut Butter-Honey Oatmeal Cookies</a>
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup bran buds
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted and browned
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- fresh ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Toast oats until golden, about 10 minutes in the oven on a baking sheet or in a skillet over medium heat for about 7 minutes.
- In medium bowl sift together flour and baking soda.
- In large bowl cream together peanut butter, melted butter, brown sugar, and honey. Mix in egg and vanilla.
- Gradually mix dry ingredients with the wet in the large bowl. Add toasted oats and bran nuggets to dough.
- In a small bowl mix granulated sugar and cinnamon with a fresh grating of nutmeg.
- Form dough into 1 tbsp balls on cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Flatten cookies with the bottom of a small juice glass dipped in cold water and then the sugar and spice mixture.
- Bake cookies in oven for 8 minutes.
- Enjoy fresh with vanilla almond or rice milk. Yum!