Recipe by Queenkungfu
I got this recipe from a hungry girl mailing.She said "Woohoo -- it's yet another fake-fried swap from your pal HG. Skeptics surrender; buy a box of Fiber One and blend it up, already! Then fool the family, dupe your date, and more importantly, trick your OWN taste buds!" check her out at: www.hungry-girl.com
Top Review by Sydney Mike
I enjoy both making & eating chicken strips/fingers/bites, whatever you call 'em, & am always willing to try yet another way of doing them up! I did substitute 1/4 teaspoon of lemon pepper for both the pepper & the gralic salt, & was most happy with the results! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]
- 170.09 g boneless skinless chicken breasts (raw)
- 118.29 ml Fiber One cereal
- 59.14 ml Egg Beaters egg substitute, Original
- 1.23 ml lawry's garlic salt
- pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut chicken breast lengthwise into 5 strips; set aside.
- Using a blender or food processor, grind Fiber One cereal to a breadcrumb-like consistency. Add garlic salt and pepper to crumbs.
- Place crumbs in one small dish and Egg Beaters in another. Next, coat raw chicken strips with Egg Beaters and then with crumb mixture.
- Place strips on a baking pan sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Spray a light mist of nonstick spray on top of strips and place in oven.
- Cook for 10 minutes, and then turn strips over. Add another light mist of nonstick spray and cook for an additional 8 - 10 minutes (until chicken is fully cooked and Fiber One looks crispy).