Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this recipe from a hungry girl mailing.She said "Woohoo -- it's yet another fake-fried swap from your pal HG. Skeptics surrender; buy a box of Fiber One and blend it up, already! Then fool the family, dupe your date, and more importantly, trick your OWN taste buds!" check her out at: www.hungry-girl.com
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut chicken breast lengthwise into 5 strips; set aside.
- Using a blender or food processor, grind Fiber One cereal to a breadcrumb-like consistency. Add garlic salt and pepper to crumbs.
- Place crumbs in one small dish and Egg Beaters in another. Next, coat raw chicken strips with Egg Beaters and then with crumb mixture.
- Place strips on a baking pan sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Spray a light mist of nonstick spray on top of strips and place in oven.
- Cook for 10 minutes, and then turn strips over. Add another light mist of nonstick spray and cook for an additional 8 - 10 minutes (until chicken is fully cooked and Fiber One looks crispy).
I enjoy both making & eating chicken strips/fingers/bites, whatever you call 'em, & am always willing to try yet another way of doing them up! I did substitute 1/4 teaspoon of lemon pepper for both the pepper & the gralic salt, & was most happy with the results! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]
Healthy chicken strips! Great! This is really easy and tasty, and I keep the Fiber One around anyway for muffins, but never thought of using it for a coating. Thanks for a quick, tasty lunch. Made for Spring 2008 PAC.