Recipe by Green-Savvy in Oshkosh, WI
We like pancakes and bacon on the weekend, but it's often a fatty and unhealthy breakfast. So, I've been trying to come up with a healthier version. It's still quite light, despite being full of grains and fiber. They're also very filling - two will usually be enough per person.
- 3 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups white flour
- 1⁄2 cup wheat bran
- 1⁄2 cup oats
- 1⁄2 cup flax seed meal
- 2 1⁄2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs with hand beater in large bowl until fluffy. This takes 3-4 minutes.
- Beat in remaining ingredients just until smooth.
- Let batter sit for about 5 minutes to let the grains absorb the liquid. If it's still too liquid, add water 1-2 Tbsp at a time until it's right.
- Fry pancakes on hot griddle - about 4 minutes on each side.
- Serve with butter, syrup and/or jam.