Prep 10 mins
Cook 16 mins
I got the breading recipe from Roni at Greenlitebites.com, a weight watchers friendly site. I loved the breading so much that I used it with chicken and it was fabulous! Just make sure to salt and pepper the chicken so it won't be so bland. It's great with spicy bbq sauce.
- 12 chicken breast tenders
- 1⁄2 cup Fiber One cereal
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- salt & pepper
- Pam cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Place the cereal, parmesan cheese and spices in a blender or food processor to make the breading.
- Season the chicken with salt & pepper. Dip the tenders in breading to coat. The chicken is normally moist enough for the breading to stick without the use of egg. Of course, you could dip it if you like.
- Spray a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil with non-stick cooking spray, Place tenders on sheet and spray tops with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake the chicken 1 rack from the top for about 6-8 minutes a side.
AMAZING and Healthy! I sprinkled Montreal chicken seasoning on the chicken and let it sit for a couple hours (I thawed and cut up the chicken a couple hours before dinner time). I cooked the chicken for about 15 minutes and it was so good that I didn't want any sauce with it! I'll definitely be making this regularly. A serving was roughly 150 calories, 2 grams of fat, 3.5 gm fiber and 22 grams of protein! Only 2 weight watcher points per serving!!
This was really good--even my husband who is leary of "healthy food" thought it was great. I wouldn't flip the chicken half way through, it made most of the breading on both sides of the chicken fall off--however, there was enough left on them to taste. I never would have guessed this had Fiber One in it! Thanks for a great healthy recipe!