Recipe by chef 857496
I got the breading recipe from Roni at Greenlitebites.com, a weight watchers friendly site. I loved the breading so much that I used it with chicken and it was fabulous! Just make sure to salt and pepper the chicken so it won't be so bland. It's great with spicy bbq sauce.
Top Review by Cookin it up
AMAZING and Healthy! I sprinkled Montreal chicken seasoning on the chicken and let it sit for a couple hours (I thawed and cut up the chicken a couple hours before dinner time). I cooked the chicken for about 15 minutes and it was so good that I didn't want any sauce with it! I'll definitely be making this regularly. A serving was roughly 150 calories, 2 grams of fat, 3.5 gm fiber and 22 grams of protein! Only 2 weight watcher points per serving!!
- 12 chicken breast tenders
- 1⁄2 cup Fiber One cereal
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- salt & pepper
- Pam cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Place the cereal, parmesan cheese and spices in a blender or food processor to make the breading.
- Season the chicken with salt & pepper. Dip the tenders in breading to coat. The chicken is normally moist enough for the breading to stick without the use of egg. Of course, you could dip it if you like.
- Spray a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil with non-stick cooking spray, Place tenders on sheet and spray tops with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake the chicken 1 rack from the top for about 6-8 minutes a side.