Recipe by breathe13
I looked up several different cottage cheese pancake recipes and altered to make one that fit ingredients I used and liked. It may sound odd, but it makes the best pancakes ever and packs in a lot of protein. For someone who struggles to get enough protein in, this was perfect for me!
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat pancake mix (Fiber One)
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 g Splenda sugar substitute (equivalent of a packet, I used Truvia)
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend cottage cheese with a food processor or blender until more of a smooth texture (it won't be perfectly smooth).
- Mix in Fiber One mix, eggs, vanilla extract and sweetener.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, coat with cooking spray.
- Pour 1/3 to 1/2 cup servings of batter onto hot skillet (depending on how big you want your pancakes), cook until light brown on the bottom and light bubbles appear on the top.
- Flip (carefully) and cook other side until a light, golden brown.
- Serve with choice of toppings.