Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
There don't seem to be any recipes here using this delicious cereal so here's another wonderful recipe using Weetabix. From www.weetabix.ca
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 eggs
- 2 medium bananas, ripe
- 1 cup natural bran
- 3 Weetabix, biscuits, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour, all purpose
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl combine oil, brown sugar, honey and eggs. Set aside.
- Chop 1 ½ bananas ijnto 1 1/4” cubes. Slice remaining banana into 12 pieces.
- Mix together bran, Weetabix, flour, soda and salt.
- Add to egg mixture with buttermilk and chopped banana stirring only until all ingredients are evenly moistened.
- Grease muffin cups or line with jumbo style baking cups. Fill with muffin mixture and garnish with a slice of banana.
- Bake at 375 F for 20-25 minutes or until done. Remove from tin and cool at least 15 minutes before serving.