Recipe by PSU Lioness
From the Mayo Clinic website (DASH diet portion). I didn't like the thinness of the sauce as the recipe is written so I stirred in a 12 oz jar of light Alfredo sauce at the very end to give it more bulk. That is completely optional, but it was fantastic.
- 10 ounces uncooked whole wheat fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups corn kernels
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 (4 ounce) cans clams, drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Fill a large pot 3/4 full with water and bring to a boil.
- Add the pasta and cook until al dente (tender), about 8 minutes, or according to the package directions.
- Drain the pasta thoroughly.
- In a large saucepan, add the garlic, tomatoes, corn, wine, olive oil and basil.
- Cover and bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Uncover and allow to simmer until the tomatoes start to break down and half of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Reduce heat and add the clams and pasta.
- Toss gently to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.