Recipe by Rhiannon and Matt
Serve with a lovely fresh green salad. This recipe comes from Charmaine Solomon's Complete Vegetarian Cookbook.
- 500 g fresh mushrooms, diced (1lb)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- salt and pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup tomato puree (4 fl oz)
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- hot pepper sauce, a dash (optional)
- 500 g fettuccine pasta
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 2 tablespoons cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil & butter in a heavy-based saucepan, on gentle heat, until butter is soft.
- Add garlic & mushrooms, cook, coating the mushrooms in the hot oil, for 5 minutes.
- Add salt & pepper, tomato puree, cream & hot sauce and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta according to packet directions, then drain when cooked.
- Mix the cornflour & water together then add to the simmering sauce, stirring until it thickens slightly, and serve.