Recipe by zeldaz51
Real pasta Alfredo is only cheese and butter tossed with fresh pasta, not a gloppy souce like what is served in chain restaurants. This is a creamier version and is not a "heart attack on a plate". Use the "optional" miso, it adds richness and depth of flavor. A Chloe Cascarelli recipe.
- 1 lb fettuccine pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup raw cashews (or blanched almonds)
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons white miso (optional)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- chopped Italian parsley (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to package directions. Drain and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook until soft. Add garlic and cook a few more minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a blender, combine the onions and garlic, cashews, water, miso, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Process until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Toss hot pasta with sauce until noodles are evenly coated. Adjust seasoning to taste. If sauce is too thick, add a little water, 1 tablespoons at a time. Garnish with parsley and serve.