Real pasta Alfredo is only cheese and butter tossed with fresh pasta, not a gloppy souce like what is served in chain restaurants. This is a creamier version and is not a "heart attack on a plate". Use the "optional" miso, it adds richness and depth of flavor. A Chloe Cascarelli recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to package directions. Drain and return to pot.
- 2Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook until soft. Add garlic and cook a few more minutes. Remove from heat.
- 3In a blender, combine the onions and garlic, cashews, water, miso, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Process until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- 4Toss hot pasta with sauce until noodles are evenly coated. Adjust seasoning to taste. If sauce is too thick, add a little water, 1 tablespoons at a time. Garnish with parsley and serve.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fettucine Alfredo (Vegan)
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 602.9
- Calories from Fat 227
- Total Fat 25.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 82.9 mg
- Sodium 622.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 18.6 g