Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 6 cups grated zucchini
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons anchovy paste or 3 anchovy fillets (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream (or combination heavy and light creams)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 lb fettuccine pasta, cooked al dente
- freshly grated parmesan cheese or romano cheese (or mixture)
- Heat olive oil and butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and sauté about 1 minute.
- Increase temperature to medium-high.
- Add zucchini and sauté until tender; do not brown.
- There should be some moisture from cooked zucchini in pan, but not too much.
- Add basil, salt and pepper.
- Add anchovy paste, if desired.
- Stir well.
- Add wine and cook until slightly reduced.
- Add cream and nutmeg.
- Cook until reduced by about half.
- Taste for additional seasoning.
- Pour over hot fettuccini and toss until well combined.
- Serve immediately, passing grated cheese.
I made this tonight. I didn't have white wine, so I used chicken broth instead. I also didn't have anchovies. It was delicious. So summery and more nutritious than your average cream sauce. I served it over pappardelle noodles. Thanks mutantstar.