Recipe by PollyB
This pasta dish is as beautiful as it is delicious! It is a rich and tasty dish. You won't even miss the meat!
Top Review by Dancer Jeanne
Polly B., This is a gem of a recipe. I really like it a lot. I had to use walnuts instead of pine nuts, and I used the small peppers someone had given me. Next time I am going to add some Vadalia onions julienned and shell out the money for the pine nuts. :) Thanks!
- 1 (16 ounce) packageuncooked fettuccine pasta
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1 large yellow sweet bell pepper, cored, seeded and julienned
- 1 large red sweet bell pepper, cored, seeded and julienned
- 1 large orange sweet bell pepper, cored, seeded and julienned
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley or 1⁄2 cup basil leaves, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, pitted and halved
- 1⁄4 cup capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt or 1 tablespoon sea salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook fettuccine pasta according to package directions to al dente; drain and return to pan to keep warm.
- In a large, heavy skillet heat the olive oil.
- Add garlic and peppers, and cook for 10 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add pine nuts and cook approximately 4 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
- Gradually stir in basil or parsley.
- Add olives and capers and heat through.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a serving bowl, toss sauce mixture with pasta.