Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is from my 365 One Dish Meals cookbook
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms, cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 8 ounces fettuccine pasta
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon scallion, sliced
- salt and pepper
- Melt 4 tablespoons of the butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. When foam subsides, stir in the mushrooms.
- Sauté, stirring, over medium heat until mushrooms are tender and lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic; sauté 1 minute. Stir in parsley and season with salt and pepper. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, cook the fettuccini in plenty of boiling salted water until al dente, 5-7 minutes. Drain.
- Toss the fettuccini with the mushroom mixture, 2 tablespoons of remaining butter and the lemon juice. Top with scallions.
This is a very easy recipe with fabulous flavor. I happened to see fresh shiitake mushrooms at the farmer's market and was looking at something easy to do with them. I made the recipe exactly as shown except for adding some parmesan cheese at the end. Yum!