Recipe by Sassy in da South
A nice fettuccini that goes great with a green salad and hot crusty bread.
- 1⁄2 lb uncooked fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese, plus
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese, divided
- 1 dash kosher salt
- 1 dash freshly cracked black pepper
- 1⁄4 lb julienned prosciutto ham
- 3⁄4 cup sweet peas
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to directions on the box. Chill in ice water. Drain thoroughly and set aside until ready to use.
- Place a medium-size saute pan over medium heat. When pan is hot, add unsalted butter to pan to melt. When butter is liquid and hot, add shallots and saute for 1 minute or until shallots begin to brown.
- Deglaze the pan with white wine and let reduce in volume by half. Add heavy cream and let simmer 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to low and add the 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano, stirring until the cheese melts.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Add the prosciutto and peas to the pan.
- When mixture is hot, add cooked pasta to the pan and toss until all ingredients are well-combined.
- Pour onto platter and top with 2 tablespoons Parmigiano-Reggiano and additional black pepper.