Recipe by Kate in Katoomba
Simple, easy and delicious. Lemon and pasta are a great combination and this can be created really quickly. One of my favourite pasta recipes and an excellent vegetarian choice.
Top Review by adania
I made this with fresh shiitakes and absolutely gorgeous fat peas i got at a local market on my way home today. The peas were so fresh, i didn't bother cooking them first, i just tossed them in the pan right before the mushrooms. I only added one dried red chili, but i'm sure more would be great for someone looking for a spicier dish. I used spinach fettucine (it's what i had in the house) and it was totally delicious. It was done cooking almost before I knew it!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 2 small red chilies, sliced
- 500 g flat mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 lemon, zest of
- 1 cup fresh or frozen baby peas, cooked
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 500 g fettuccine pasta
- 55 g unsalted butter
- 50 g fresh parmesan cheese, grated,plus
- extra grated fresh parmesan cheese, for serving
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the garlic and chillies and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for a further 5 minutes until the mushrooms are soft.
- Add the lemon juice, zest and peas and turn off the heat.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in boiling, salted water until'al dente', drain, then add the butter and the parmesan.
- Toss the mushroom mixture through the pasta, then add the parsley.
- Serve hot with extra cheese.